LEED New Construction v3 Certified
- Project involved the development of a greenfield regional meat processing and packaging facility for Ahold USA/Vantage Foods. Ahold is the parent company of Stop and Shop and Giant supermarket stores and the new facility provides fresh, case ready, meat products to these store chains through New England, Pennsylvania, and Northern Maryland.
- Dennis Group provided LEED administrative services for the project which included project credit submission, tracking, start up and commissioning, and final submission to the United States Green Building Council. Upon completion of this effort, the facility received LEED Certified status.
- Specific technical features of the project procured, managed, and constructed by The Dennis Group include a 24,000 lbs ammonia refrigeration system with 5 compressors, approximately 65,000 SF of refrigerated meat processing space, a multi-bay receiving and shipping dock, complete ESFR sprinkler system with a fire pump, and diesel back up generator.
- The facility also boasts a complete onsite waste water treatment facility with two lift stations.
- Site work development included grading, storm water management, parking, and secured access, and a two story employee service area, with locker rooms, cafeteria, and office space.
- The project is currently producing in excess of 1 million pounds of packaged meat weekly. In addition, the project team was able to pass a rigorous USDA inspection of the facility on the first attempt, which speaks to the quality of construction and attention to sanitary detail.
USGBC ® and the related logo are trademarks owned by the U.S. Green Building Council and are used with permission.