- Following the launch of Malt-O-Meal;s Better Oats® line of instant oatmeal products, the company undertook a two-phase $136 million expansion of its Asheboro production facility.
- Dennis Group provided complete design-build services for an expansion to Malt-O-Meal’s Asheboro facility which included development of a 35 acre site, including a new rail siding for unloading bulk grains, a rail receiving building and a 550,000 sq ft. two level building addition constructed of pre-cast and cast in place concrete as well as structural steel.
- The site also includes a retaining wall approximately 20’H by 500’ to make up for the elevation difference between the rail siding and remainder of the site.
- The expansion also included the construction of a 80,000 sq ft. warehouse for storing packaging materials and finished product.
- This project included the addition of utility infrastructure (chillers, air compressors and hot water system), eleven bulk commodity bins, and two bulk liquid storage tanks. The process additions included the installation of three complete cereal production lines with fully automated final packaging.