Skip to content
- Kellogg’s Ontario facility that produced the Mini-Wheats branded cereal made a $43 MM investment to add a new cereal production line that made use of advanced food manufacturing technologies.
- Dennis Group provided complete site, facility, and process design for this expansion project at the Belleville, Ontario, Canada facility. The project included the renovation of approximately 76,000 SF of existing building shell (fit up of slabs, UG plumbing, walls, etc) to facilitate the installation of a new 30MM pound/year DX cereal line.
- Major accomplishments include going from KAR approval to saleable product in 11 months, all while working in an existing operating facility.
- The project also required the removal and replacement of a 5,000 SF section of the existing buildings roof and replacement with a 100psf blast resistant roof to house the new mix room.
- Following the launch of Malt-O-Meal;s Better Oats® line of instant oatmeal products, the company undertook a two-phase $136 million expansion of its Asheboro production facility.
- Dennis Group provided complete design-build services for an expansion to Malt-O-Meal’s Asheboro facility which included development of a 35 acre site, including a new rail siding for unloading bulk grains, a rail receiving building and a 550,000 sq ft. two level building addition constructed of pre-cast and cast in place concrete as well as structural steel.
- The site also includes a retaining wall approximately 20’H by 500’ to make up for the elevation difference between the rail siding and remainder of the site.
- The expansion also included the construction of a 80,000 sq ft. warehouse for storing packaging materials and finished product.
- This project included the addition of utility infrastructure (chillers, air compressors and hot water system), eleven bulk commodity bins, and two bulk liquid storage tanks. The process additions included the installation of three complete cereal production lines with fully automated final packaging.