Welcome to Dennis Group
We know there's a lot to take in and try to remember during your first weeks at a new job. That's why we hosted all the information you'll need for a smooth and successful introduction to Dennis Group right here. Bookmark this page and feel free to come back whenever you need a refresher or to check for updates.
Welcome aboard! We're glad to have you on the team.
Everything you need to get done in Week 1.
Pinnacle Onboarding Learning Paths
- Review Dennis Group at a Glance (< 1 hour)
This short learning path introduces you to the basics of who we are, what we do, and how we do it.
These short Pinnacle courses will guide you through some easy basics to kick off your professional life here at DG. Communication and Email walks you through expectations for professional communications and helps you spot pitfalls before they happen. Working Remotely is a collection of three short lessons that will help you be prepared and productive no matter where your workspace is.
- Sanitary Design (< 1 hour)
Because we specialize in food processing plants where any contaminants or germs can wreak major havoc for our clients and their customers, we believe a fundamental understanding of sanitary design is critical for all DG employees.
Ethics and Harassment Training
Dennis Group has contracted Quality Media Resources (QMR) to host an online ethics training module which all employees are required to complete. The module consists of a twenty-five-minute video followed by a 10 question test. Employees must view the video and complete the test and attain a score of 70% or better. After successfully completing the test, you will be prompted to view and print your completion certificate.
You are allowed six logins. Each time you log in you will be asked if you want to start over or continue from where you left off. If you exceed six logins, contact Human Resources to have your account reset.
Once at the site, you will be asked to register. Follow the instructions and create a username and password. Once logged in, you will be presented with the training module"Compliance is Just the Beginning – 3 Steps to Ethical Decisions." View the video in “High-Speed Broadband” mode, complete the test, and print your certificate. If you experience technical problems please contact IT. If you have questions about the program itself, contact Jane Moser at Moser@dennisgroup.com .
Dennis Group also requires all employees participate in an online harassment training session: Preventing Sexual Harassment. Use the link above to get started and click on ‘PATTERNS, Preventing Sexual Harassment – Interactive’ to begin your training.
- Read DG Site Safety Manual (8 hours)
- Complete acknowledgement form (< 1 hour)
Every DG employee is responsible for safety, both onsite and in the office. Once you've read and understood the Job Site Safety Manual, complete the acknowledgment form on page 110, sign it, and return it to Todd Miller.
Depending on your discipline, you may receive specific training assignments from the safety team. You are responsible for completing any additional training in a timely manner.
- Complete your DG resume (1 hour)
If you are in a technical or client support role (excludes accounting, human resources, interns, offices managers, business development, and marketing), use this template to complete your DG resume. [Example]
- Add your first and last names and job title in the upper left-hand corner.
- In the right-hand sidebar, add:
- Time with the company (in years)
- Education: Academic degrees and institution (e.g. B.S., Electrical Engineering, Southern Polytechnic State University, Marietta, GA)
- Certifications: Any professional certifications, accreditations, or licenses you hold
- Affiliations: Professional organizations to which you belong
- Strengths: Your specialty (e.g. Process Design, Materials Handling & Packaging, etc.)
If you have not had an employee photo taken, please send a recent, professional-looking headshot (no obvious selfies or photos from family events) to Marketing for use.
- Below your name and title, write a brief narrative highlighting the year you joined Dennis Group, prior roles, accomplishments, and industry experience to date.
- If you are a recent college graduate, highlight pertinent studies/activities as well as the core duties of your position. You will update this section to include work experience throughout your time at DG.
- Project References
- List client name and location for your major projects (e.g. Frito-Lay | Frankfort, IN)
NOTE: This section is intended for your Dennis Group project experience only. If you are uncertain if you should include previous experience, please contact Marketing.
- If you are a recent college graduate, list any relevant internship experience. If not, leave this section blank for now.
- Complete initial training sessions (< 1 hour)
You will receive an email from Ninjio with several short training sessions to complete.
Ninjio will send additional training sessions each month during your time with Dennis Group. Completing all the Security Awareness Training is mandatory.
A little dry, but important.
Personal Conduct Policies
It is the responsibility of every Dennis Group employee to familiarize him or herself with our Personal Conduct Policies and making every effort to comply and comport accordingly. You must acknowledge that you have received and reviewed these policies as part of your onboarding process in CheckWriters. The policies are maintained under Forms & Documents and People & Management sites on the intranet.
- DG Code of Professional Conduct
Dennis Group’s Code of Professional Conduct is a guideline to govern the conduct and quality of our work as well as our relationships with our colleagues, customers, and others and applies to everyone at Dennis Group.
- DG Anti-Discrimination, Harassment and Sexual Harassment Policy
- It’s our goal to promote a non-threatening workplace that’s free of discrimination and harassment of any nature, including sexual harassment. Should you have any questions regarding this Policy, please contact Jane Moser at Moser@dennisgroup.com.
- Dennis Group also requires all employees participate in an online harassment training session: Preventing Sexual Harassment. Please click here to register and, once enrolled, click on ‘PATTERNS, Preventing Sexual Harassment – Interactive’ to being your training.
- DG Anti-Corruption and FCPA Policy
Dennis Group is committed to conducting its business ethically and in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, including the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and other laws that prohibit improper payments to obtain a business advantage. This Policy sets forth our expectations in this area.
Open Vacation & PTO
We understand the challenges of our work and the related demands on you and your family. As such we have elected to adopt an open vacation policy. The objective of this policy is to provide you with the flexibility to best manage your personal time away from work and promote a healthy work-life balance. The success of the policy is based on solid communication and mutual trust. Please review our Open Vacation Policy carefully and understand your responsibilities.
We all get sick and, because most medical professionals maintain the same hours as us, we recognize that you will occasionally need to schedule an appointment during work hours. The following are a few simple guidelines for using sick time:
- Use sick time:
- If you are sick; we want you well and not sharing your germs with everyone else.
- To attend medical/dental appointments.
- You may be asked to provide a doctor’s note verifying your medical condition.
- As with any absence, at a minimum please notify your supervisor and/or office administrator if you will not be able to make it work.
- For any general questions, additional details, or information about extended absences due to a medical condition, i.e. absences greater than seven days, please send a message to AskHR@dennisgroup.com.
- Earn 1 hour of sick time for every 30 hours worked;
- Earn and use up to 48 hours per year; and
- Begin earning sick time on your first day of work and gain eligibility to use sick time 90 days after your first day.
- We offer three days of paid bereavement time following the passing of immediate family members and domestic partners.
Review Timesheet & Working Hours Policy
Take a moment to familiarize yourself with our Timesheet Policy & Guidelines.
Complete your timesheet in Field Time Console (instructions here) by noon every Monday for the prior week ending Friday.
You are required to maintain your travel/location/vacation schedule on the intranet each week. Visit the SharePoint homepage and scroll down to Employee Whereabouts to enter your general whereabouts if you will not be working from your primary office location. For example, enter a client name, job number, geographical location, or reason for absence such as travel, sick time, or vacation. Do not enter anything if you are working from your primary office. We use this calendar to coordinate schedules and find people that are on site. Tom Dennis uses Employee Whereabouts – so should you!
You also need to maintain your Outlook calendar and post an out-of-office response if you will be away from the office and not frequently checking messages.
Human Resources (AskHR@dennisgroup.com):
- Questions on benefits such as medical, dental, flex accounts, 401(k), payroll, as well as CheckWriters and PlanSource portals.
- Suggestions on how to make Dennis Group a better place to work!
- Note: questions and concerns about harassment or discrimination in the workplace should be directed to Jane Moser at Moser@dennisgroup.com.
Accounting – Iwona Ruszczyk (Ruszczyk@dennisgroup.com)
- Expense report questions
- Timesheet questions
- Computer/Software problems and/or inquiries
- All Computer/peripheral equipment/purchases
- Todd Miller (email@example.com)
- Questions on resumes, logo usage, or tradeshows
Certify and Expense Reports
Our expense report guidelines live in the Travel & Expense Report section of our intranet, along with other important travel and expense report information. These guidelines include our travel policy and corporate car rental account information.
Certify: Web-based expense report submission and processing.
- Complete the tutorial at certify.com/training.aspx.
- Certify will send an email with a temporary password. Your username is your Dennis Group email address.
- Expense reports submitted by Monday at 5 pm will be processed by that same Friday with electronic payment to a bank account of your choice by the next business day. Any expense reports received after Tuesday will be processed the following week.
- Send any questions about Certify or expenses to Iwona Ruszcyk in Accounting.
Anything that you want to purchase that is not a normal office supply expenditure must be approved beforehand. All regular office supplies can be requested through your office coordinator.
- The Pre-Authorization Reimbursement Form should be completed and emailed in PDF format to your immediate supervisor. Include on this form items such as professional memberships, subscriptions, tuition, training, and licensing.
- Computer software, supplies, and equipment should not be purchased by employees. Please first discuss your requirements with your manager and then put a request into our IT Administrator at Helpdesk@dennisgroup.com.
Dennis Group provides a $75 reimbursement every two years for safety boots and a $100 reimbursement every two years for prescription safety goggles.
If you are based in an office location that requires you to pay for parking, Dennis Group will cover 50% of your monthly parking expense for approved parking facilities. Please see your office administrator if you have any questions about parking.
Credit Card Annual Fee
If your position requires you to travel you may expense one annual fee for a credit card of your choice up to $150. Consult with your supervisor or accounting for details.
People & Management
All the details you need.
Payroll is semi-monthly and paid on the 15th and 30th of each month or the closest workday preceding. The 2020 payroll calendar can be found here. Your first paycheck will vary in amount depending on your start date.
We use Payworks for payroll services and to securely maintain key demographic information. During your first week, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with instructions on how to log in. Log in with your provided username and provided temporary password. You will then be prompted to change set a new password for future logins. Contact Human Resources for password assistance.
You are responsible for keeping your personal information up-to-date by information your Human Resources representative.
See the Payroll & Timesheets section of the intranet for additional information
Healthcare: Medical, Dental, Vision
Dennis Group offers health insurance through Victor Canada offering 100% coverage on hospital care, drugs, and supplementary medical (subject to individual maximums for each practitioner). Find a summary of our health benefits here.
Dennis Group covers 80% of the basic service premiums and 50% of the major restorative services premiums for employee dental insurance. Find a summary of our dental benefits here.
Company health plans include vision coverage in the amount of $250 every 24 months. Fine a summary of our vision benefits here.
Health Care Spending Account
Dennis Group offers an annual HCSA for each employee in the amount of $300. Click here for further details.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Dennis Group offers a 24/7 confidential counseling service at no cost to employees. The program is hosted by Morneau Shepell and is offered in a variety of modes such as: in person, telephone, video, and text.
All full time employees are eligible for benefits on their first day of employment with the completion of all documentation*
Maple Virtual Care
Maple Virtual Care is a healthcare app that offers fast, convenient 24/7 access to Canadian licensed doctors. Maple doctors are safely and accurately able to diagnose and address majority of common illnesses and medical issues that do not require serious medical attention such as emergency room visits. Common illness and medical issues that Maple Virtual Care can address are:
- Bites and Strings
- Body aches
- Mild lacerations
- Nasal congestion
- Respiratory infections
- Sinus infections
- Skin infections
- Sore throats
- Sprains and strains
- Urinary Tract Infections
Maple also provides a comprehensive virtual health record, which allows you to store, share and transport healthcare data with you, directly on our phone, tablet or computer. This virtual health record is own by you and is accessible at any time.
Under the Dennis Group insurance plan, the cost to use this service is deeply discounted and all details on cost, registration, and use can be found here.
Dennis Group provides employees the option to contribute a portion of their salary to a company Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP). The plan is managed by Manulife and all information on enrollment and how to invest can be found here. Employees may begin contributions on their first pay period.
The company also offers a discretionary year-end employer contribution. The discretionary contribution will be made regardless of whether an employee contributes individually. Plan regulations allow the employer contributions to an employee’s accounts beginning in the year following a full calendar year of employment so long as the employee has worked a minimum of
1,000 hours. Employer contributions are traditionally made in March for the year prior.
The quest for knowledge is not a destination, but a lifelong journey. We encourage our team members to ask questions, challenge the status-quo, and take calculated risks every day. We promote lunch and learns, educational seminars, participation in trade shows, and industry events as valuable tools for continuous improvement. We also offer:
Professional Licensure and Certification
Reimbursement for the cost of exam prep materials and fees, as well as paid time off for exams. Additionally, DG will pay for your initial registration and annual renewals.
Professional Association Memberships
Active membership in professional trade organizations expands employee knowledge and expertise. Dennis Group offers company paid memberships in approved professional organizations.
Our employees are our greatest asset and we want to ensure our staff has access to everything they need to innovate and develop. Dennis Group offers 100% reimbursement for tuition and fees related to the pursuit of related degrees, along with fees for approved professional development courses, seminars, and conferences.