Senior Structural Engineer
Position Summary and Essential Functions
We are seeking talented individuals to support our building structural practice. Selected individuals will play a key role in the design, permitting, and construction of food facilities throughout the United States. As a member of our structural department, responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Working independently on simple and complex projects
- Applying extensive and diverse knowledge of principles and practices for a wide range of materials and construction techniques
- Performing hand calculations and creating computer analysis models for structural design tasks
- Coordinating structural work with other disciplines
- Drafting sketches, contract drawings, and specifications using AutoCAD
- Reviewing project documentation for conformity and quality assurance
- Reviewing shop drawings, submittals, and calculations
- Estimating construction costs with quantity take offs and historic costs
- Conducting field inspections and condition assessments and prepare reports
- Managing and mentoring junior engineers
Required Education, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering
- 8+ years of relevant structural experience
- Proficiency with AutoCAD
- PE Registration
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Detailed planning and organization skills.
- Experience with structural analysis software
- Valid driver’s license
Preferred candidates will also have:
- SE Registration
- Experience with RAM Structural System and RAM Elements
- Master’s degree in Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering
- Experience with Revit
Compensation and Benefits
Dennis Group offers competitive compensation packages commensurate with experience. We provide comprehensive employee benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid time off including an open vacation policy, as well as bonus, profit-sharing, and 401(k) plans. Dennis Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please reference Senior Structural Engineer when submitting your cover letter, resume, and sample page for consideration to email@example.com.