Position Summary and Essential Functions
The Safety Manager’s primary responsibility will be the development, management, and implementation of a Health and Safety Program for all of Dennis Group’s projects. This position requires extensive safety management, accident investigation, and training in the construction industry. This position requires extensive knowledge of OSHA regulations pertaining to construction. This position is client facing and a successful candidate will be a professional, self-motivated, and energetic individual with excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Refine and implement health and safety programs and systems
- Develop, implement, and coordinate health and safety training and activities
- Must be well versed in federal, state and local safety laws to ensure the organization complies with all current safety regulations
- Conduct regular job site safety inspections, maintain files, and conduct special studies and investigations related to safety and health for the company
- Work with Construction Managers to establish job site safety procedures and policies during initial project mobilization and periodically during the project
- May be required to act as full-time on site safety manager for projects as required
- Source, screen, hire, and manage local site safety coordinators for projects as required
- Assist in the development of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities of the company
- Prepare OSHA and other government required reports as needed
- Compile data on leading and lagging indicators of safety performance
- Investigate accidents, determine “root causes”, and ensure corrective actions are fully implemented
- Prepare and distribute reports on safety metrics such as leading indicators and incident rates
- Assist Safety Director, Construction Managers and Project Managers with health and safety issues as needed
- Educate and provide training and support to all levels of Dennis Group personnel on accident/injury prevention procedures
Required Education, Skills and Experience
- Position requires a minimum of 5 years of safety experience in the construction trades
- Bachelor’s degree required; candidates with a degree in Health and Safety, Risk Management, Occupational Safety or Construction is preferred
- OSHA training certification
- Proficient in MS Windows, Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Sound judgment and independent decision making required
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal skills required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel to job sites throughout North America (occasionally Central America and Europe) as required
- Recent graduates please include a PDF version of your student transcripts (unofficial is acceptable)
Travel to client construction sites will be required of this position. Candidates should expect overnight travel not less than 70% of the year.
Compensation and Benefits
Dennis Group offers competitive compensation packages commensurate with experience. We provide comprehensive employee benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid time off including an open vacation policy, as well as bonus, profit-sharing, and 401(k) plans. Dennis Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
Please reference Safety Manager and desired location when submitting your cover letter and resume for consideration to email@example.com.