Industrial Packaging Engineer
Position Summary and Essential Functions
Successful candidates will aid in the design and implementation of packaging process and equipment strategies as part of a broad engineering and architectural team. This position is client facing and a successful candidate will be a professional, self-motivated, and energetic individual with excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Point of contact for client communications
- Equipment sizing and specification/evaluation
- Development/design and/or responsible charge of construction documents
- Final engineering review and seal of construction documents
- Development of schedules for discipline related design and construction
- Preparation of vendor/supplier ‘request for quote’ packages
- Vendor/supplier selection and equipment procurement
- Supervision of installation and start-up of related systems / contractor supervision and vendor management
- System integration/programming
Required Education, Skills and Experience
- An understanding or experience with conveyance, wrapping, bagging, cartoning, filling, bottling, case packing and palletizing
- Fundamental understanding of manufacturing and packaging design principles
- Fundamentals of machine and process design
- Preparation of line balance documentation and process flow diagrams
- An understanding or experience with warehouse design and layout
- Preparation of equipment specification, purchase documentation and equipment / facility layout
- Preparation of machine testing requirements and procedures
- An understanding of sanitary design principles is a plus
- Process simulation experience is a plus
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word, Access); MS Project, AutoCAD
- Strong technical writing skills
- Preferred 3+ years of experience and/or internship(s) in an industrial manufacturing setting
- Minimum of a bachelors’ degree required
Travel to active client construction sites will be required of this position.
Compensation and Benefits
Dennis Group offers competitive compensation packages commensurate with experience. We provide comprehensive employee benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid time off including an open vacation policy, as well as bonus, profit-sharing, and 401(k) plans. Dennis Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
Please reference Industrial Packaging and desired location when submitting your cover letter and resume for consideration to email@example.com.