Entry Level Drafter
Position Summary and Essential Functions
Entry Level Drafter will work full-time with our design and engineering team to create Equipment Layout and Process Piping drawings. Candidates need to be proficient in AutoCAD 2015 or higher and possess a fundamental understanding of Mechanical Layouts, Equipment Installation, and an ability to understand and interpret Process and Instrument Diagrams (PIDs) is preferred. This position is client facing and a successful candidate will be a professional, self-motivated, and energetic individual with excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Assist design team with 2D and 3D equipment layouts / models within AutoCAD using vendor provided drawings.
- Assist design team with 2D and 3D utility /process piping models within CADWorx using PID drawings.
- Prepare general arrangements, plans, elevations, isometrics and details.
- Gather and organize information for developing design drawings; visit client sites as needed to understand existing equipment and piping tie-in points.
- Work with process engineers on PIDs, process equipment arrangements and connection details.
- Work with the architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical and control disciplines in the overall design coordination.
Required Education, Skills and Experience
- Minimum of an associate’s degree or certificate from an accredited Drafting & Design Education Program
- Equipment and piping layout experience.
- Proficiency in 2D/3D AutoCAD
- Familiarity with XREFS and basic drawing setup
- 3D experience using CADWorx or similar piping programs are a plus, but not required
- Ability to convert PIDs to equipment and piping layouts (both 2D and 3D) are a plus, but not required
- Spanish or Portuguese language skills are a plus, but not required
Travel to client construction sites will be required of this position. Candidates should expect overnight travel not less than 20% of the year.
Compensation and Benefits
Dennis Group offers competitive compensation packages commensurate with experience. We provide comprehensive employee benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid time off including an open vacation policy, as well as bonus, profit-sharing, and 401(k) plans. Dennis Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
Please reference Entry Level Drafter and location when submitting your cover letter and resume for consideration to email@example.com.