Position Summary and Essential Functions
The Electrical Engineer will participate in the design and implementation of electrical systems as a part of our engineering team. Candidates need to have a working knowledge of AutoDesk Building Systems 2015 (electrical Systems and 3D layouts), EasyPower or equal, NFPA 70, 70E, 72, 101, 110, and Building Code. This position is client facing and a successful candidate will be a professional, self-motivated, and energetic individual with excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Design electrical systems for building power; i.e. Normal, Emergency, and Standby power distribution systems for 208v, 480v, and medium voltage for industrial facilities
- Document all necessary calculations for the design such as short circuit, selective coordination, arc flash, generator sizing, steady state and transient voltage drops, load calculations, conductor sizing, raceway fills, etc.
- Design lighting for food processing spaces, including lighting calculations for emergency and inspection lighting level needs; Coordinate fixture placement/mounting with other trades
- Design fire alarm systems per NFPA 72, 101, and Building Code
- Produce bid documents consisting of layout drawings, one-line, riser, schedules, details, and specifications
- Procure long lead light fixtures and power distribution equipment such as switchgear, switchboards, panelboards, transformers, MCC’s, generators, variable speed drives, and UPS’s
- Manage electrical bid process for clients, observe construction, and assist with start-up
Required Education, Skills and Experience
- Minimum 3-6 years of experience required
- Candidates without a minimum of a bachelor’s degree will not be considered
- FE or EIT certificate required; PE or PE-tracked desirable
- Spanish or Portuguese language skills are a plus, but not required
Travel to client construction sites will be required of this position. Candidates should expect overnight travel not less than 25% of the year.
Compensation and Benefits
Dennis Group offers competitive compensation packages commensurate with experience. We provide comprehensive employee benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid time off including an open vacation policy, as well as bonus, profit-sharing, and 401(k) plans. Dennis Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
Please reference Electrical Engineer as well as desired location when submitting your cover letter and resume for consideration to email@example.com.