Position Summary and Essential Functions
The Automation Engineer will participate in the design and implementation of process strategies as part of our engineering team. Candidates need to possess a fundamental understanding of design process control systems and strategies. This position is client facing and a successful candidate will be a professional, self-motivated, and energetic individual with excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Design and troubleshoot both software and hardware necessary for control systems utilizing PLCs and DCS/SCADA components, e.g. historian, batching, enterprise visualization products, etc.
- Design, diagnose, and troubleshoot network infrastructures – Ethernet, DeviceNet, AS-i, Profibus etc.
- Design, specify, wire, and procure control panel equipment, e.g. safety circuits, I/O, networks, etc.
- Design, specify, and procure electrical equipment, e.g. MCCs, panelboards, transformers, etc.
- Specify, procure, configure and troubleshoot controls hardware and field instrumentation
- Develop bid documentation for electrical, automation, and low voltage (network, security) vendors
- Interface and manage installation contractors during construction
Required Education, Skills and Experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience required
- Candidates without a minimum of a bachelor’s degree will not be considered.
- Proficiency with MS Office and AutoCAD (electrical schematics, layout/building drawings, etc.)
- Familiarity with Allen Bradley/Rockwell, Siemens, GE, Wonderware, Honeywell Systems
- Familiarity with database programming skills a plus
- Spanish or Portuguese language skills are a plus, but not required
Travel to client construction sites will be required of this position. Candidates should expect overnight travel not less than 25% of the year.
Compensation and Benefits
Dennis Group offers competitive compensation packages commensurate with experience. We provide comprehensive employee benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid time off including an open vacation policy, as well as bonus, profit-sharing, and 401(k) plans. Dennis Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
Please reference Automation Engineer and desired location when submitting your cover letter and resume for consideration to email@example.com.